The Flat Iron Wagyu Steak is full of flavor and is tender with a good amount of marbling. This steal is truly an all around good find.
Flat iron steaks are versatile because you can cook them on a BBQ or pan fry them. They go well with any veggie, fries or next to a nice salad.
How To Cook This Mighty Meat Meal
Let's start off first with the Salad:
- Boil barley in salted water until cooked. Drain and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven at 360°F. Place beetroot, onion and carrot wedges on an oven tray, dress with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes (or until beetroot has softened).
- Toast sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a pan with a little oil and a pinch of salt.
- Turn frequently until lightly golden.
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients and using a whisk or fork to mix until smooth.
- Toss dressing through the cooked barley and chickpeas.
- Add the roasted veggies, seeds and parsley.
- Fold through the rocket and garnish with a generous sprinkling of goats’ cheese.
Now for the Flat Iron Steak
- Bring to room temperature.
- Place flat iron on the bench at least 30 mins before you intend on cooking.
- Allow it to come to room temperature.
- For the garlic rub; chop a large clove of garlic very fine.
- Season garlic with salt.
- Squish the garlic and salt to a paste using your knife.
- Pat the steak dry.
- Remove the flat iron from the packaging and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Oil the steak and season it.
- Use a little mild vegetable oil to coat the surface of the steak.
- Then rub the garlic paste all over the steak.
- Preheat your frying pan or BBQ on high and ensure it is sizzling before putting the steak on.
- Check that the steak is flat against the surface of the pan.
- Cook flat iron until really well caramelized, then flip and repeat.
- Rest after cooking it for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly on an angle across the grain.
- Lat that Flat Iron Steak over the salad and enjoy!